Sunday, December 9, 2012

Baby #3 - Part 2

   I was seen by doctors right away during this pregnancy because I was considered high risk... especially since we don't know why we had Baby #2 so early. I can't exactly remember the order things happened... I think I first got an ultrasound around 5 weeks because I was spotting. Whatever the order, I've had a LOT of ultrasounds this pregnancy. In my first trimester I was tested for gestational diabetes and also had to monitor my blood sugar at home. The same day I took my 3-hour test for gestational diabetes, I first went in fasting for ALL these vials of blood. Holy moly.


   I'm lucky to have such wonderful doctors that have been willing to check me out whenever I want, and have worked with me so well. All appointments, ultrasounds, and blood work had come back fantastic so we were proceeding with me being just high risk, but not knowing why. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving the doctor and my favorite nurse EVER went into the office especially for me because I was having back pain, and we were concerned because I'd had BAD back labor with Baby #2. All looked great, so we scheduled another appointment for Monday morning when I was supposed to be getting my 2nd progesterone shot anyway. They wanted to do an ultrasound to double check that everything was looking good, and I really wanted one for peace of mind since I was entering my 18th week on the 25th of November and we had Baby #2 when I was 18.5 weeks.
   Monday came and I got my shot after a long wait in the waiting room. They then turned on an OLD ultrasound machine, but left right away. When they came back into the room I asked for them to tell me gender if at all possible during the ultrasound (they'd been doing mostly vaginal ultrasounds, but baby did NOT like to cooperate during any of the others) to give me something else to focus on during a week that would've been tough for me emotionally. They told me they'd need a better machine, and I said that I would wait. :)
   They moved me to another room, and then the ultrasound tech decided to do it herself so I moved into yet another room. They did the ultrasound on my belly and she was 90% sure it was a boy. Like I said, baby does NOT like to cooperate! Then, they wanted to check my cervix again, so she did a vaginal ultrasound. That's when they found the funneling...

No comments:

Post a Comment